Dec 21, 2009

Why hello Winter!




To Winter

Stay, season of calm love and soulful snows!
There is a subtle sweetness in the sun,
The ripples on the stream's breast gaily run,
The wind more boisterously by me blows,
And each succeeding day now longer grows.
The birds a gladder music have begun,
The squirrel, full of mischief and of fun,
From maples' topmost branch the brown twig throws.
I read these pregnant signs, know what they mean:
I know that thou art making ready to go.
Oh stay! I fled a land where fields are green
Always, and palms wave gently to and fro,
And winds are balmy, blue brooks ever sheen,
To ease my heart of its impassioned woe.
-Claude McKay

Today I officially start my love/hate relationship with winter.  It's not my favorite season but I still enjoy it for all it offers:

♥ Holidays with the Family
♥ Hot cocoa, hot tea, hot buttered rum
♥ Long stockings, long coats, long hair
♥ New Year's celebrations
♥ Resolutions
♥ Sledding
♥ Annual Valentine's Day Trip

Here's to you winter!  Hope you have a nice stay.

4 comments:

  1. these are lovely photos :) thanks for the comment, hope you enjoy your christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty photos! I love it!
    olivias-pizzazz.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely! the best reasons to love winter indeed! snowflakes also x

    ReplyDelete