Dec 31, 2009

New Year, new beginnings




I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year's tonight!  We plan on keeping it pretty low key because we take off early in the morning to Fort Worden on the Olympic Peninsula where my family rents out Officer's Quarters for a weekend ever year around this time.  Ever seen "An Officer and a Gentleman" with Richard Gere and Debra Winger?  That's where we'll be. 

My favorite New Year's celebration: I was 23, living in Olympia going to Evergreen State.  My roommate turned new bff Rachel and I didn't want to go to any of the parties that year.  All of our other roommates were out on the town, but we stayed home and had a blast.  We put on our roller skates and turned out the lights so only candles and twinkle lights lit the house. We rode around the hardwood floors circling through the house listening to the Pixies "Where is my mind" on repeat as we sipped champagne and Sauza Hornitos Tequila.  To this day I still haven't topped it!

What are some of your favorite New Year's memories?

{Flickr photo credits clockwise from top left: Itz a fine day, Simone Hudson, Magnera, Pink Sherbet, Jared, Medicine Man Sam.}

No comments:

Post a Comment