Jun 23, 2010

R&R: PNW Style


 


We're back from 5 great days in the San Juan Islands.  We had a great time and were blessed with sun everyday!  We had some beautiful beach side campsites, cooked up some grubbin' meals,  as well as eating out a few times too.  My favorite was at Allium, on Orcas Island, where I had a carrot soup starter with cilantro, nutmeg and a dollop of cream.  My entree was wild mushroom open faced ravioli that was delicious.  Pete had clam chowder and some amazing salami gnocchi, all this paired with some quality wine. 

We explored the towns on bike and sat on many sunny decks with a tasty cocktail in hand. We ate fresh seafood and local ice cream that knocked my socks off.  All in all it was a great way to spend five days with good friends.  What fun trips do you have planned this summer?

{The last photo was taken by Pete...and I ♥ it!}

No comments:

Post a Comment